Sunday, April 4, 2010

Simple Pleasures: Mixer Prongs

In preparation for Easter Dinner, I made my coconut cream pie and pineapple cheesecake early so they could chill for the required amount of time. I recently bought a new mixer, hadn't had one for years and was excited to use it.

When I was finished beating the pudding and fruit together I ejected the mixer prongs and licked them like I used to as a child when my Mom would make cakes, brownies, or anything that required beating the ingredients together.

I was instantly taken back to the cozy, narrow, kitchen where I would stand on a chair to reach the counter and lick any number of kitchen utensils that my Mom was finished with but still had remnants of a sweet dough on them. We would laugh and she would tell me to help her stir whatever was in the bowl.

I mostly ate, watched, and was entertainment, or distraction for my Mom as she made countless cookies for Christmas or baked a cake for a birthday.

It was such a simple pleasure just to stand in the kitchen of my rental unit and be transported back to such a sweet memory. I miss my family dearly but with memories like this to keep me close even when we apart, I cannot be more blessed or thankful.

Have a Blessed Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment