Monday, April 12, 2010

Favorites: Coastal Living


My Ultimate dream would be to own a lakeside cottage in a place called, Linwood Park, in Vermillion Ohio, adjacent to Lake Erie. My family, (mother's side, The Packer's) has been traveling and staying in this little piece of heaven for more than 65 years. It's become quite the tradition for all 50+ members of the Packer, McKean, Sambuco Clans.

If I owned a cottage in Linwood, the above board is what I would hope to do with it. I like shabby chic flea market finds, with bright white paneling, sea greens and blue reminiscent of sea glass that we collect on the beach. Some of the inspirations above obviously don't match but the architecture or coziness of the scene inspired me and gave me those wonderful summer feelings, so that is why they are included. 

Number 3, 4, 13, & 14 are my favorite elements. 8 & 15 are creative uses of space, 5 & 6 are very important to me because outdoor living is a must at Linwood. So if I won the lottery, this would be one of my dreams that I would achieve with the money. 



Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment