Friday, April 16, 2010

Simple Pleasures: My Friday Routine

Friday's are my absolute favorite day of the week. They always have been. Friday is a day of anticipation for the weekend to come. Friday is also the day my family traveled on so it meant getting out of school early to head to my grandmothers' homes in Ohio (or where ever we might have been traveling). And those memories are such pleasures in themselves, that I am conditioned to adore Fridays and Friday evenings even more.

Now, it's a day were I allow myself my favorite breakfast food in a mass quantity, Honey Nut Cherrios. I then, get through work and as I work from home, the second I sign off the computer, my weekend starts. Many times I will high tail it to the public library or walk to the beach to read my magazines. Or sometimes, like today, I will search for a good cookie recipe (Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip) and will turn some music on and bake.

I very much look forward to these simple activities, they are stress relievers and a sign of the rejuvenating weekend to come.

Well, I am ready to start my weekend. I will let you know how the cookies turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment