Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Political Ticket: Krystal Ball

Krystal Ball for Congress 

I found this lady through Marie Claire Magazine, who I must address as a progressive voice in women's magazine. The magazine is fashion laden but the articles and snippets are so important to women's culture around the world, that I am fascinated by each month's volume

Getting back to Kyrstal Ball, she 28 years old and running for a seat in the House of Representatives. She is a Democrat out of Virginia and if elected would be the youngest woman and only woman under 30 to be elected to the US House or Senate.

The kicker that spurred my interest was this statement in Marie Claire: "A pro-choice, pro-gay, and pro-gun (yep!) mother, Ball appeals to a board base."

I can't say she appeals to me yet, but we need more young people invested in the future of the US. I hope she has strong feelings about education. Education is the building block of our society and we need to bring the focus back to the books. I hope she and others can start to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment