Monday, October 4, 2010

Yoga: My First Class

I loved my first yoga class. It's pretty laid back, like everything else in Maui, and was for all levels. I learned some great new poses that will help my posture. I had a trainer tell me I slouch. (!) So I am definitely looking to improve my posture and strengthen my shoulders and back. A great move, that literally cramped my shoulder, goes like this: step forward with your right foot and go into a lunge. Left leg should be extended. Extend arms to shoulder level and twist to the right and pull your shoulders back as far as you can. Switch sides (that's not the yogi way to do it but I am still learning).

I love the focus on calm, breathe, and health that yoga has, I have realized that my exercise theory is 'no pain, no gain' and that needs to change. Yoga is so beneficial beyond the physical results. I am totally sold. :) Oh and my flexibility has improved so much since I started practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment